Service is the most important aspect of membership in the Dallas Junior Forum. One of the many benefits of DJF membership is the variety of opportunities to participate in a way that is meaningful and manageable to you. While some members commit their time to regularly scheduled projects every month, others participate as their schedules allow. Volunteering through DJF allows our members to share common goals such as:
- Providing service opportunities that help make a difference in the lives of those in need;
- Gaining a greater knowledge of the needs of the community;
- Building new and lasting friendships with other women; and
- Providing opportunities for personal growth and development.
- The Dallas Junior Forum membership year begins on June 1 and continues through May 31. Each new member serves her first year in a provisional status prior to becoming an active member. Members are classified as Provisional, Active, Professional Active and Sustainer.
- Provisional: A woman who has applied and been accepted for membership and in her first year has paid dues, fulfilled her 25 hours of service and 5 hours of development requirements, and has attended at least five general meetings. A Provisional is not eligible to vote except in the election of officers for the following year. After successfully completing her first year, a Provisional is eligible for Active or Professional Active status.
- Active: A member in good standing who has successfully completed one year of Provisional membership, pays dues, and fulfills her yearly 25 hours of service, 5 hours of development and committee requirements, and has attended at least five general meetings.
- Professional Active: A member who has a professional career and has successfully completed one year of Provisional membership, pays dues, and fulfills her yearly 25 hours of service, 5 hours of development and committee requirements, and has attended at least one general meeting.
- Sustainer: A member who has successfully completed seven years of service and requests Sustainer status by written notice to the Vice President Membership by May 1. A Sustainer in good standing pays dues and has all Dallas Junior Forum privileges except holding elected office. A Sustainer may be reinstated as an Active member upon approval by the Executive Board.
- Any woman who is at least 21 years of age and has a strong interest in volunteerism and being of service to others may join Dallas Junior Forum.
- Annual dues are $100 ($140 for first year members).
- Luncheon meetings are $28. Members must attend at least five of these per year.
- Support the annual Spring Event by purchasing one ticket (up to $150).
If you have questions, contact our Vice President of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join? Fill out the form below: